Recipes | Baby Squids in Olive Oil (Adobo Style)

Baby Squids in Olive Oil

I love to experiment on dishes. If I ran out of ingredients for a particular dish, I make do with whatever is in the fridge or in the cupboard. Yesterday, I am supposed to cook adobong pusit again but I found out I ran out of vinegar so instead of going out and buying it, I ended up cooking baby squids in olive oil. It turned out good by the way (though the photo looks otherwise, my apologies), so here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

500 grams baby squids
1 tbsp garlic, minced (I usually used dried minced garlic, but you may use fresh garlic of course)
1 medium-sized lemon, extract the juice (you may use calamansi instead of lemon)
1 tbsp sliced ginger
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp kikkoman soy sauce (other soy sauce will do)
ground black pepper

Cooking Procedure:

  1. Clean the squids, remove the round-like object in the squid's buccal membrane and then set aside in a colander.
  2. Heat the pan in low fire, add the olive oil and then saute the garlic together with the ginger.
  3. Add the squids and saute for about two minutes.
  4. Afterwards, add the kikkoman soy sauce, ground black pepper and lemon juice extract.
  5. Cover and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
Note: don't overcook the squids as it's meat tends to be rubbery when overcooked.

That's it, your baby squids in olive oil is done and ready to serve. I had this dish together with salmon, fried in olive oil with ground black pepper and dried basil leaves, served with lemon juice-chili-soy sauce dip, with warm rice of course. Enjoy!! ;)

PS: This is a re-post.

Post a Comment

0 Comments