Recipes | Healthyish Spiced Potato and Sausage Stir Fry

spiced potato and sausage stir fry


Wow, it's been a while since I posted something in this blog. So how are you all fellow foodies out there? How are you coping with the current pandemic? I hope you're all doing well despite the on-going Covid-19 health crisis. If you are following me on my IG account, you'll know that I frequently post food photos there. I just couldn't find time to update this blog as I'm currently working from home. Also, I'm updating my other blog (if you're interested, my recent post on my other blog is about ways to cope with covid-19 anxiety) and I couldn't do both so there, the reason why I'm on hiatus here (as if somebody is missing my posts hehe).

Anyway, today I'll be sharing with you a somewhat healthy-ish sausage dish I just prepared a while ago. I dunno how to call it but suffice it to say that's it a spiced sausage (hotdog) dish made healthier by adding veggies like potatoes, carrots and bell pepper. It's so easy to prepare you can have it ready in about 20 minutes.

Ingredients

7 classic Purefoods hotdog, cut into around 1cm thick
12 baby potatoes
1 small carrot, cut into small slices
1 bell pepper, cut into small slices
2 tbsp olive oil, you may use any cooking oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp paprika
black pepper, ground
salt

How to make spiced potato and sausage stir fry

1. Clean baby potatoes and partially boil it for 5 minutes. Before you remove the potatoes from fire, drop the sliced carrots and bell pepper to blanch. Remove from fire then cut the potatoes into quarters.

2. On a pan, heat the oil and stir fry the potatoes for about 5 minutes then put on the side of the of the pan. Add the minced garlic and sauté until the garlic turned golden brown.

3. Season the potatoes with all the spices (coriander, turmeric, paprika, black pepper) and then add carrots and bell pepper. Sprinkle with salt (adjust the seasoning to your liking) and stir fry for about a minute.

4. Add the hotdog and stir fry for another 5 minutes.

That's it! A healthy-ish spiced potato and sausage dish is ready to serve. Serve with warm rice. Enjoy!


~ oo00oo ~

Yield: good for 2-3 persons
Prep/Cook Time: around 20 minutes
Cost: around 100 Php, as of post date



Post a Comment

0 Comments