Recipes | Sinigang na Hipon sa Kamias

Sinigang na Hipon sa Kamias

Last night, I'm craving for sinigang na hipon (shrimp in sour broth) so I went to the grocery store and bought the ingredients for my sinigang. I'm supposed to buy prawns but they're not available so I contented myself with white shrimps. And instead of using instant sinigang packs, I used kamias. I've recently been to the province and my mom has a lot of dried kamias so I brought home some. Anyway, here's my recipe for my sinigang na hipon sa kamias:

Ingredients:

500 grams white shrimp
300 grams of string beans
5 finger chilis
2 handfuls of dried kamias
5 medium tomatoes, cut into quarters
5 cups of rice water
1 onion, sliced
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 bunch of kangkong
salt to taste (you may use fish sauce if you want)

Procedure:


  1. Place the rice water, dried kamias, tomatoes, onion, garlic and salt in a pot and then bring to a boil.
  2. Once the sour broth is boiling, add the string beans, chilis and shrimp. Cover and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
  3. Afterwards, add the kangkong leaves.

Serve with warm rice and fried or grilled fish. Enjoy! ^_^

Servings: Good for 4-6
Cost: Around 500 Php (updated as of June, 2019)

Post a Comment

1 Comments